Our organisation is dependent on the contribution of new people, willing to support the work we are doing at the Kontakt- und Beratungsstelle für Flüchtlinge und Migrant_innen (KuB).
KuB is a self-administrated project, which means we don't have a boss. The employees take decisions jointly, in meetings, considering all important questions. All employees must therefore be able to take responsibility for their own actions and the actions of the whole team.
KuB has many working groups (Fgs). At the moment we are looking for support in the following fields:
Working group Consultancy
We are looking for people that support the refugees and migrants with questions about the procedure for the right of asylum, right of residence and social assistance law. Skills and experiences are helpful for this work:
- judicial knowledge
- practical experiences
- knowledege of the following languages: Albanian, Arabic, Dari/Farsi, Kurdish (Kurmanji/Sorani), Russian
Working group Support and Translation
Sorry, no translation available
(Stand Mai 2021)
- Wir suchen Menschen, die unsere Ratsuchenden zu Ämtern, Ärzt*innen oder Rechtsanwält*innen begleiten. Wir suchen auch Menschen, die bei unseren Beratungen sprachmitteln/dolmetschen.
- Aktuell suchen wir insbesondere Sprachmittler*innen für: SORANI, KURMANCÎ, FARSI/DARI, TIGRINYA und GEORGISCH
- Wir beraten und begleiten auch geflüchtete Frauen. Für diese suchen wir insbesondere Frauen, die Kenntnisse in einer oder mehreren der genannten Sprachen haben.
- Falls ihr Zeit und Interesse habt, meldet euch bitte bei Tugce Karakaya:
Working group German Courses
We are looking for volunteer teachers* who have the time and would like to support our work in the field of German as a foreign language (DaF) on a longer-term basis.
You don't need an education as a language teacher and you don't necessarily need any previous teaching experience. The main thing is that you bring joy, commitment, intercultural understanding and open-mindedness as well as 2-3 hours of time per week.
The target group of our language courses are all refugees and migrants* who, for reasons of residence and various other reasons, have no or no easy access to other language courses. Our Alpha & A1 to B2 courses are offered free of charge and unbureaucratically for people of all ages without any barriers to admission, attendance or other barriers.
If you are interested, please contact us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Project „Understanding bureaucratic forms“
We translate bureaucratic forms in different languages. The translations help refugees and migrants, when applying for benefits of the asylum seeker benefits act (Asylbewerberleistungsgesetz).
We are looking for translaters. At the moment we need particular support with translations in the following languages: Arabic, Dari, Fasi, Russian, Tigrinya, Turkish
Office / Initial contact
We are looking for people that support our work in the office. The office of KuB is the first place all consulters approach. There, all informations gather.
The office is open Monday,Tuesday,Thursday and Friday from 9am till 5/7pm and Wednesday from 1 till 5 pm. The working hours are separated in two shifts: the first shift from 8:30am – 1pm and the second one from 1pm – 5pm.
Our open consultancy hours (for legal advice) are on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. All the consulters enrol themselves at the office. During the afternoon shift we take care of other tasks. We are approachable for any kind of questions at all times.
The office tasks are pretty diverse. The office- team is responsible for the communication within and outside KuB. Some of our tasks are:
- to give information over the phone
- to welcome clients to the open consultancy hours in the mornings
- to offer consulters drinks and be approachable for any problems
- to give information about anything KuB offers
- to be approachable for all colleagues at KuB
- to translate and explain letters to consulters (for example from a public office)
- to look for people, that accompany consulters to public offices and translate for them
- to support consultants with their work
- Ratsuchenden Kontakte zu anderen Beratungsstellen oder zu Rechtsanwält*innen geben
Necessary skills for the office work:
- to be open minded
- ability to communicate
- a certain "chaos resistens"
- sensibility in the contact with people (especially with people being in difficult circumstances)
Language skills are helpful, but not required necessarily. At a first meeting we would speak about the extend of your work and further details.
Working group Administration
Because the KuB is now quite big, we also have to take care of a lot of administration. To strengthen our administration team, we are looking for people who have experience with funding acquisition, project management, accounting, controlling and association law.