How can you join?
Everybody can learn German with us. Classes are free of charge. You do not have to pay anything. It does not matter how old you are. It does not matter which residency status you have.
There are several courses
- Alphabetization: You will learn how to read and write. This is your first German course.
- A 1.1: In this course for beginners you already know how to read and write. You do not speak any German. Here you will learn how to speak and understand German. This is your first German class.
- A 1.2: You already speak a little German. This is your second German course.
- A 2.1: You already speak a little German. This is your third German course.
- A 2.2: You do speak German quite well. This is your fourth German course.
- B 1: Your 5th, 6th, or 7th German course.
- B 2: You do not have any problems in your everyday life. With B2 you are allowed to study at a University.
- Conversation Course: There is also a course for conversation. Here you focus on your German conversation.
- Mother-Child-Course: You are a mother to a small child. In our mother-child-course you learn German. We do take care of your child while you are in the German course.
- One course is 5 months long.
- Most courses are held 2 times a week.
- Each session goes for 2 hours.
- You want to prove that you speak German for the Jobcenter or a job application? Sorry, but we cannot do this! We do not hand out official certificates about your German knowledge.
- But we can write a document that you are participating in our courses.
- We don't have many spots available. People who cannot easily attend other German courses are more likely to get a spot.
Course Schedule (summer semester 2023)
Course Schedule (winter semester 2022-2023)
|Alphabetization||Tuesday||7 - 9 p.m.||KuB|
|Friday||5 - 7 p.m.||KuB|
|A1.1||Monday||3 - 5 p.m.||Lauseria|
|Wednesday||3 - 5 p.m.||Lauseria|
|A1.2||Monday||5 - 7 p.m.||KuB|
|Wednesday||7 - 9 p.m.||KuB|
|A2.1||Monday||7 - 9 p.m.||KuB|
|Wednesday||5 - 7 p.m.||KuB|
|A2.2||Tuesday||3 - 5 p.m.||KuB|
|Thursday||5 - 7 p.m.||KuB|
|B1||Tuesday||5 - 7 p.m.||KuB|
|Thursday||7 - 9 p.m.||KuB|
|B2||Tuesday||3 - 5 p.m.||Migrationsrat|
Where do the courses take place?
- KuB is located at Oranienstraße 159, 10969 Berlin. You take the U8 to Moritzplatz.
- Migrationsrat is located at Oranienstraße 34, 10999 Berlin. The room is in the backyard on the 2nd floor (with elevator). You take the U1 to Kottbusser Tor or U8 to Kottbusser Tor.
- Lauseria is located at Lausitzer Str. 10 in the passage between 1st and 2nd backyard. You take the U1 to Görlitzer Bahnhof.