Advice on asylum and residency
We advise people who live in Berlin or Brandenburg:
- on the asylum process
- on an imminent deportation
- on applying for or renewing residence permits
- on suspension of deportation (Duldung)
- on ways out of illegality
All our services are free of charge.
We provide assistance in these languages:
from 25 to 29 September 2023
|Monday||9 a.m. - 1 p.m.||
|Tuesday||9 a.m. - 1 p.m.||
|Thursday||9 a.m. - 1 p.m.||
|Friday||9 a.m. - 1 p.m.||
For the following languages we might be able to arrange translations. If you would like the assistance of a translator during your consultation, please call us in advance (030 / 614 94 00):
Please note that:
- You have to come in person to the KuB office at Oranienstraße 159. We do not offer advice over the phone or by email.
- Please make sure you bring all relevant important documents. Examples could be:
- documents from the BAMF (Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge), from the Ausländerbehörde, from the Jobcenter, etc.
- letters from your lawyer
- We do not help with problems with the police, your landlord or the youth welfare office.
- We don't do searches for apartments.
- We don't do job hunting for you.
- We don't take on any court cases for you.
- We do not provide advice on naturalization. Questions about naturalization are answered by the Migration Social Service.
- Do you have issues talking to people at the authorities (e.g. Jobcenter or Ausländerbehörde), because you speak no or only a little German? Do you feel insecure about going alone to the authorities? In that case we can arrange for someone to accompany you to the authorities. However, you first have to come to us in person for counseling.