Consultation on the Right of Asylum and Residence
Due to the current situation, access to the KuB's spaces can only be granted with an appointment. You can find more information here.
All our counselling services are free of charge.
We provide assistance in the following languages:
Please note that:
- You have to come in person to the KuB office at Oranienstraße 159. We do not offer advice over the phone or by email.
- For advice, come during our consulting hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
- Our consultancy services are usually very busy. We therefore advise you to come early in the morning; it's best to be here already by 8:30 a.m.
- Please be patient while waiting for a consultation. Depending on the daily demand it could take some time until it's your turn for a consultation.
- Sometimes, it can happen that we are not even able to give you a consultation on that day, due to the number of people. We would ask for your understanding in such cases.
- Please make sure you bring all relevant important documents to the consultation. Examples could be:
- documents from the BAMF (Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge), from the Ausländerbehörde, from the Jobcenter, etc.
- letters from your lawyer
- Pregnant women, sick people and people in a poor state of health, have priority for consultations and we advise them first, before other people.
- What we do not offer:
- We don't do searches for apartments.
- We don't do job hunting for you.
- We don't take on any court cases for you.
Do you feel you can't talk to the people at the authorities, for example: Jobcenter or Ausländerbehörde - because you can't speak German well enough, or not at all? Do you feel insecure about going alone to the authorities, for example to the Jobcenter or Ausländerbehörde? In that case we could arrange for someone to accompany you to the authority. However, you would have to first come to us in person, for a consultation